European Metaverse Research Network
The MetaverseUA chair is part of the European Metaverse Research Network that includes all European institutions chosen within the framework of Meta’s XR Program and Research Funds to carry out independent research in different but complementary fields. The following is a list of the members of this Network:
- Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences (Germany) will study how democratic culture could work in immersive environments and explore civil design of social spaces.
- The Governance and Regulation Chair at the University of Paris Dauphine|PSL (France) will identify and examine the economic and societal challenges of the metaverse and their consequences in terms of regulatory framework and governance.
- Renaissance Numérique (France) will hold a programme of workshops with European and international experts to discuss the social adoption, opportunities and impact of immersive technologies, as well as means to protect users in the metaverse.
- Politecnico di Milano (Italy) will study the economic impact and social value of the metaverse for society and individuals using Italy and its economy as a case study.
- Poznan University of Technology (Poland) will focus on the development of augmented reality and other technologies that can improve the quality of life of people susceptible to social exclusion, due to age, health or their family situation.
- RISE (Sweden) will study two metaverse-related topics. It will focus on the global computation and communication infrastructure driving the metaverse in the context of sustainability and resource efficient technology solutions. It will also assess key requirements needed for Sweden to adopt a nationwide immersive education program.
- The Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO, the Netherlands) will focus on the future of work. Their research assesses if emerging technologies such as social XR reduce disadvantages of remote working.
In addition to carrying out the corresponding research tasks within their respective fields, the different entities belonging to the Network will collaborate with each other in order to promote their agendas of activities, promote the research results achieved and support each other in the development of their activities.